Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Item of the Week



Today is a day filled with surprises and Item of the Week is launched. Hopefully, Tuesdays will be "Item of the Week" but in this business you need to be prepared, at a moment's notice, to get an important item from a client into the papers with an imposing deadline.

So, getting back to the item as you are feeling nostalgic, as you look at the picture to your right. How many remember this famed restaurant and where was it located? Take a look at the inside of the menu listed below.
Incidentally, I am still getting used to all this technology so please bear with me as I try to figure things out. With my trusty "Royal", there is nothing to figure out, just type and go! Of course, I must admit and will admit without embarrassment, I could never change those typewriter ribbons. It may have been one of the reasons I finally gave in and got married. After all, having a faithful companion who can change typewriter ribbons is not only an asset, but a requirement for this Master of the "Royal".

Hint: People Went Nutz Over this Place!

Now I do expect you to figure this one out with the hint above? After all, I made my living with words and no different today. So, if you have any answer, post a comment and you may receive some of Sam's Swag arriving shortly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Pub Tiki was located on the Southeast corner of 18th & Walnut St. It was part of the very successful chain of PUB restaurants, which has now collapsed to one remaining location in NJ. The Pub Tiki was inspired by the success of two other "Polynesian" restaurants. One was Langerman's Luau, and the other was Kona Kai. I don't remember the location of Langerman's, but the Kona Kai was in the Marriott on City Line Ave.

Powered By Blogger

Subscribe